It’s early October. So far six international students have drowned in Canada in 2021.
Each person young person was loved, had dreams, and was doing their best to make a success of their opportunity to live and study in Canada.
Dijith Jose – 1 August 2021
- 24 years old from India.
- Recent graduate of Cape Breton University.
- Drowned when the jet ski he was riding on overturned.
- Read Dijith’s story…
Dhanalakshmi Sembulingam – 1 August 2021
- International student from India, studying business management at Lambton College, Toronto.
- Went for a swim in the Niagara River and drowned when she was swept away in the strong current.
- Read Dhana’s story…
Anuradha Kudagoda – 28 July 2021
- 27 years old from Sri Lanka.
- Studying at Thompson Rivers University.
- Drowned when swimming with friends in a lake.
- Read Anuradha’s story…
Mohammed Najib Sadek Kashem Chowdhury – 25 July 2021
- 25 years old, studying Computer Science at the University of Ottawa.
- Drowned while swimming with friends in a river.
- Read Mohammed’s story…
Anmol Sharma – 27 June 2021
- 20 year old international student at Georgian College.
- Drowned when he fell off an inflatable raft he was using to float down rapids.
- Read Anmol’s story…
Gurpreet Singh Gill – 12 June 2021
- 22 years old from India.
- Advertising and marketing student at Sheridan College.
- Drowned when he slipped off an inner tube he was floating on.
- Read Gurpreet’s story…
Too many international students are drowning…don’t become a victim.
International students are at increased of death or serious injury while swimming or enjoying water activities.
Stay safe by taking the free course below.
It could save your life.
Water Safety in Canada for International Students
Educational Institutions, Education Agents and Student Accommodation Providers…
…make our online safety courses available to your international students. Contact us.